Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Baby Shower Decorations


Hi there!  Just want to share the beautiful decorations I made for my brother & sisnter-in-law baby shower.  There baby shower was a while ago but I am just getting around to sharing the decorations.

 
For the centerpieces I bought plants and small pots from Ikea.


 I cut Lions, Zebras, Monkeys, Giraffes, and Elephants with my Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge and glued them on a skewer stick.

 
I also made some thank you round labels and cut round circles with the Cricut and attached them to outside of the pot. 



I also made a baby wishes tree and cut tags with the Cricut Celebrations Cartridge and attached them to the branches of the tree.


I also made a ribbon for the Mom-to-be and Dad-to be as well as ribbons for all of the guests to wear with animal print ribbon and small animals cut with my Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge.

 



 I also made some simple hanging decorations that I hung all around the tent as well as on the walls.  I cut large round circles in the coordinating colors and finished it off with a Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge animal.  I attached all off the circles and animal with a sewing machine.
    
I made a banner to go over the candy/cake table that reads It's a Boy I used the Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge for the circles as well as the letters, the animals where cut again with the Create a Critter cartridge and the green vines where cut with a Martha Stewart Double Edger Punch Vine Trim.

 
Here's another view of the banner, the paper I used for the letters is DCWV Safari Kids stack.

Here is a close up of the cupcakes I made, again I used the Create a Critter cartridge to cut the animals then glued them onto a toothpick.  The monogram "I" circles I bought at a craft store, I can't remember where.

 
I made simple cake with fondant a whipped cream as the grass.  I also cut a small banner from the Birthday Bash cartridge and used it as the cake topper.  I bough the plastic animal cake toppers at a local cake decorating supply shop.

I also made chocolate covered marshmallows and rice krispies treats and placed them all in a basket.  I would have loved to display them but I ran out of time.

 I printed matching round labels for the candy dishes and added the animal print ribbon.

 
I also made a movie night gift basket as a raffle prize for anyone who would bring diapers or baby wipes, they would receive a raffle ticket.

I also had all of the games laid out on tables along with printed instructions. 

 
The most popular game was the guessing game.

Hope you enjoyed all my baby shower decorations. 

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I must share this post with all my friends and cousins. I have saved it as well because I want to make my nephew’s birthday a really good one. Although, this theme is for a baby shower but it will be perfect for a birthday party as well. Especially when I have booked one of the outdoor venues in Los Angeles for the celebration.

    ReplyDelete